Why Video Is Integral to Your Marketing Efforts
Video is now an integral strategy used by modern marketers to inspire, engage and convert prospects. Targeted rich media content delivers your message faster and leaves a stronger impression on your prospects.
Whether you’re using videos for top of funnel quick animations or leveraging them for sexy product demos, here are 9 stats that prove video deserves priority in your content marketing mix (or to help convince your boss).
Why should you focus more on video
Video can communicate your entire value in a short amount of time, and marketers are seeing the results. Savvy B2B marketers can distill complex product demos and company insights down into mere minutes of informative and effective video. Whether you want to advise, instruct or entertain, video captures your buyer’s attention and can generate more engagement.
- 1 minute of video = 1.8 million words (Forrester Research) Click to Tweet
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales or communications (Brainshark) Click to Tweet
- 73% of marketers find that video positively impacts marketing results (ReelSEO) Click to Tweet
Professionals are turning to video to drive demand generation
As professionals are strapped for time, video is developing a reputation for communicating complex information faster and more effectively than text. Research is finding that professionals are more likely to click through to content containing rich media over those that don’t.
- Using the word “video” in your email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, CTRs by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26% (Syndacast) Click to Tweet
- 92% of mobile video viewers share videos with others (Invodo) Click to Tweet
- 48% of professionals watch 30+ minutes of B2B videos (Google) Click to Tweet
The value of video
Video content, including animations and human visuals, provides a powerful means of encouraging prospects to stop and listen.
- 46% of B2B technology buyers will purchase a product or service after viewing video content (G2M) Click to Tweet
- Videos increase purchase likelihood by 64% (HubSpot) Click to Tweet
- Using videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 80% (EyeView Digital) Click to Tweet
What could you do with better conversion rates? From product demos and intricate animations to customer testimonials and basic how-tos — videos continue to increase engagement and conversions. As rich media’s popularity continues to rise, it’s more important than ever for marketers to capitalize on the power of video.