California Consumer Privacy Notice
Date of last revision: March 17, 2020
Right to know:
California consumers have the right, upon a verifiable consumer request, to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, and disclose about you in the proceeding twelve (12) months of your request. Specifically, we are required to disclose:
- the specific pieces and categories of personal information that the we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources for that information;
- the business or commercial purposes for collecting the information; and
- the categories of third parties with which the information was shared.
Right to delete:
California consumers have the right to request that we delete your personal information unless an exception applies, such as when the information is necessary to: complete a transaction, perform a contract between us and you, provide you a service for which it was collected, detect, prevent or investigate security incidents, comply with laws, identify and repair bugs, ensure another consumer’s ability to exercise their free speech rights or other rights provided by law or use it internally, in a lawful manner, that is compatible with the context in which you provided us the personal information.
No Sale of Personal Information:
California consumers have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. BrightTALK does not sell your personal information.
Right to opt-in:
California consumers have the right to request that personal information collected from minors under the age of 16 opt-in to the collection and use of their personal information. BrightTALK does not knowingly collect any personal information of minors under the age of 16.
Right against discrimination:
California consumers have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment because they exercise their rights listed above.
How to make a disclosure request:
California consumers have the right to make a free disclosure request two times in any 12-month period. Please note that you must verify your request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, you may be required to authenticate your account with us or answer additional questions. We will make the disclosure within 45 days of receiving your verified request, unless we request an extension. In the event that we reasonably need a 45-day extension, we will notify you of the extension within the initial 45-day period.
You may request these disclosures by emailing email@example.com .
How to make a deletion request:
Please note that you must verify your request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, you may be required to authenticate your account with us or answer additional questions. After we receive and validate your request, we will delete your personal information as well as direct our service providers to delete your personal information, unless an exception applies, as described above.
You may make a deletion request by clicking here. You may also make a deletion request by calling +1 833-278-8255.
How to designate an authorized agent:
Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney and other information as we may reasonably request in order to verify the agent’s identity.
Categories and sources of personal information collected:
- Identifiers (e.g., your name and email address)
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) (e.g. payment information, employment information or telephone number)
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law (e.g., age or gender information)
- Internet or other similar network activity (e.g., browsing history, search queries, and page views)
- Professional or employment-related information (e.g., professional profile details)
- Inferences drawn from other personal information (e.g., preferences, characteristics, trends, keywords, communities)
Categories of personal information we share for a business purpose: